Thursday 31 December 2009

So that was 2009




So that was 2009.

It was a pretty mixed bag of a year both personally and in a reading sense and while it did have some high spots I can't say I'll be sorry to see the back of it. 2010 is already looking like it will be exciting and so I shall look forwards not back.

Well I will once I've listed my top books of 2009!

Now like many book bloggers out there I am going to cheat horribly on this. I have two Top 5 lists, one for books aimed at adults and one for books aimed at teenagers! Some of them I have bogged about already, some of them I read before I started blogging. Thank heavens I've kept a reading diary though!

Norfolkbookworm's Top 5 Adult Books (in no particular order)
Click on the authors' names to be taken to their homepage or a review of the book

American Wife - Curtis Sittenfeld



American Adulterer - Jed Mercurio



19th Wife - David Ebershof



The Rights of the Reader - Daniel Pennac



The Lord Edward Corinth Mysteries - David Roberts


Norfolkbookworm's Top 5 Books (ostensibly) for Children
Again click on the author name to be taken to either a review of the book or an author website.

Revolver - Marcus Sedgwick



Love, Aubrey - Suzanne LaFleur


Stolen - Lucy Christopher



Saving Raphael - Leslie Wilson


Devil's Kiss - Sarwat Chadda



So there it is, my top 10 books of the year. A mixed bag. My top non fiction titles had to be Sisters in Arms, Paradise Lost: Smyrna, It's a Dons Life and Pompeii.

Well I suppose that as it has taken me well over 3 hours to go through my reading diary and narrow my choices down 2009 can't have been such a bad year book wise. Here's hoping that 2010 will be just as good!





No comments:

Post a Comment