Tuesday 17 September 2013

Book Binge

Mr Norfolkbookworm and I have just come back from 2 glorious weeks in Crete. We did a little sightseeing and a lot of relaxing, eating and drinking.

In fact over the course of the holiday I finished 25 books - this might actually be a record for me and once more I am grateful for the existence of eReaders as due to luggage weight limits and a lack of English books in the book swaps I'd have been stuck without it!


The books I read:


  1. Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont - Elizabeth Taylor
  2. When You are Engulfed in Flames - David Sedaris
  3. Wars of the Roses: Stormbird - Conn Iggulden (eProof)
  4. Flowers of the Field - Sarah Harrison
  5. A Flower That's Free - Sarah Harrison
  6. Stone - John Williams (eProof)
  7. Instructions for a Heatwave - Maggie O'Farrell
  8. The Old Ways - Robert Macfarlane
  9. Dear Lupin - Roger Mortimer
  10. Longbourn - Jo Baker (eProof)
  11. Life After Life - Kate Atkinson
  12. Canvey Island - James Runcie
  13. Why be happy when you can be normal - Jeanette Winterson
  14. Big Brother - Lionel Shriver
  15. A Time of Gifts - Patrick Leigh Fermor
  16. Testament of Mary - Colm Toibin
  17. The Suicide Shop - Jean Teule
  18. Hector and the Search for Happiness - Francois Lelord
  19. Harvest - Jim Crace
  20. Ranger Confidential - Andrea Lankford
  21. Lucy Maud Montgomery - Mary Henley Rubio
  22. Neither Here Nor There - Bill Bryson
  23. Anne of Green Gables - L M Montgomery
  24. The Interestings - Meg Wolitzer
  25. Transatlantic - Colum McCann

I did start a couple of others but they didn't capture me after 70 pages - I'm not sure if they just didn't fit my mood or if they aren't for me...I'll give them a go again sometime to make a decision.

Of the 25 my favourites were Longbourn, The Interestings, Stoner, Stormbird and A Time of Gifts. When we first got back I included Life After Life in this list but since then the feeling of enjoyment has remained but the plot has faded.

Just to finish this post off this is the view from where I did most of my reading...


No comments:

Post a Comment