In fact over the course of the holiday I finished 25 books - this might actually be a record for me and once more I am grateful for the existence of eReaders as due to luggage weight limits and a lack of English books in the book swaps I'd have been stuck without it!
The books I read:
- Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont - Elizabeth Taylor
- When You are Engulfed in Flames - David Sedaris
- Wars of the Roses: Stormbird - Conn Iggulden (eProof)
- Flowers of the Field - Sarah Harrison
- A Flower That's Free - Sarah Harrison
- Stone - John Williams (eProof)
- Instructions for a Heatwave - Maggie O'Farrell
- The Old Ways - Robert Macfarlane
- Dear Lupin - Roger Mortimer
- Longbourn - Jo Baker (eProof)
- Life After Life - Kate Atkinson
- Canvey Island - James Runcie
- Why be happy when you can be normal - Jeanette Winterson
- Big Brother - Lionel Shriver
- A Time of Gifts - Patrick Leigh Fermor
- Testament of Mary - Colm Toibin
- The Suicide Shop - Jean Teule
- Hector and the Search for Happiness - Francois Lelord
- Harvest - Jim Crace
- Ranger Confidential - Andrea Lankford
- Lucy Maud Montgomery - Mary Henley Rubio
- Neither Here Nor There - Bill Bryson
- Anne of Green Gables - L M Montgomery
- The Interestings - Meg Wolitzer
- Transatlantic - Colum McCann
I did start a couple of others but they didn't capture me after 70 pages - I'm not sure if they just didn't fit my mood or if they aren't for me...I'll give them a go again sometime to make a decision.
Of the 25 my favourites were Longbourn, The Interestings, Stoner, Stormbird and A Time of Gifts. When we first got back I included Life After Life in this list but since then the feeling of enjoyment has remained but the plot has faded.
Just to finish this post off this is the view from where I did most of my reading...