Sunday 2 January 2022

Review of the year part 2

 

Top Non-Fiction read in 2021

As the New Year Bank Holiday is three days long this year I feel fully justified in spreading my 'best of the year' lists over three days too!

Today non-fiction books take centre stage, I wasn't always in the mood for fiction during 2021 and thanks to the great non-fiction out there I never quite lost the reading mo-jo. In a year that was so strange, and with so little travel possible, I definitely roamed the world via the written word.

In alphabetical order my top reads were:

  • Come Fly the World by Julia Cooke
  • One Woman's Year by Stella Martin Currey
  • The Stubborn Light of the Things by Melissa Harrison
  • Minarets in the Mountains by Tharik Hussain
  • Burning the Books by Richard Ovenden
  • Light Rain Sometimes Falls by Lev Parikian
  • Slow Road to San Francisco by David Reynolds
  • The Lost Cafe Schindler by Meriel Schindler
  • Hidden Hands by Mary Wellesley
  • Freedom by Lea Ypi

No comments:

Post a Comment