Thursday 15 July 2010

Hurrah...but doh!

The 2010 Branford Boase Award was announced last night. I was in three minds about this as two of my top books from last year appeared on the shortlist, as did one by an author I met and liked hugely earlier this year.

In the end the prize went to Lucy Christopher's Stolen, and I am very happy about that as it was one of my top books of 2009, but I think that I really wanted Devil's Kiss by Sarwat Chadda to win.

A good result and one that I am really happy with but at the same time I really do wish that the prize could have been split two ways.

In other news I've just spent a pleasant 2 weeks lounging around on a Greek island eating, drinking and reading too much. Just like earlier in the year the eReader was a blessing, but this time also had a new iPhone complete with iBooks to keep me going. There really isn't (for me) a much nicer way to relax than laying on the beach under a palm shade with a good book.

Shame about the laundry when you get home...

No comments:

Post a Comment