We didn't see a cloud for two weeks and for most of the time the sea temperature was warmer than the actual temperature back home. All in all it was a perfect break for doing lots of relaxing and lots of reading...which is what I did!
In the two weeks we were away I read 21 books and as ever they were from a broad sweep of genres.
- Underground, Overground - Andrew Martin
- The Great Gatsby - F Scott Fitzgerald
- Coronation - Paul Gallico
- Exotic Marigold Hotel - Deborah Moggach
- The Honorable Schoolboy - John le Carre
- 50 Shades of Grey - E L James
- Abdication - Juliet Nicholson
- 50 Shades Darker - E L James
- 50 Shades Freed - E L James
- Double Cross - Ben MacIntyre
- Dead Men - Richard Pierce
- I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
- Chocky - John Wyndham
- Mani - Patrick Leigh Fermor
- The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry - Rachel Joyce
- All These Things I've Done - Gabrielle Zevin
- Whatever it Takes - Adele Parks
- London Belongs to Me - Norman Collins
- What Katy Did - Susan Coolidge
- What Katy Did Next - Susan Coolidge
- The Cat's Table - Michael Ondaatje
There were some real surprises among these books - some I'd been saving for months and was disappointed by, some I didn't expect to enjoy but couldn't put down and others that I loathed but at the same time was compelled to finish...
The main thing that was different this year was that I didn't actually read a physical book in the time we were away - all 21were ebooks. In the past I've always read a mixture but this time I had a paperback in my back for those minutes on the plane where they don't let you read from a electronic device but as I had a window seat I found I was looking out of that rather than reading.
I have thoughts buzzing round my head about some of these books and will endeavour to share them soon but in the meantime one more photo to make you jealous!