Thursday 26 July 2012

A little light reading

It has been all a bit quiet here for the last few weeks as Mr Norfolkbookworm and I went away for 2 weeks in the sun.  After the weather here in the UK we were really looking forward to the break and we weren't disappointed  in the slightest.

We didn't see a cloud for two weeks and for most of the time the sea temperature was warmer than the actual temperature back home.  All in all it was a perfect break for doing lots of relaxing and lots of reading...which is what I did!

In the two weeks we were away I read 21 books and as ever they were from a broad sweep of genres.


  • Underground, Overground - Andrew Martin
  • The Great Gatsby - F Scott Fitzgerald
  • Coronation - Paul Gallico
  • Exotic Marigold Hotel - Deborah Moggach
  • The Honorable Schoolboy - John le Carre
  • 50 Shades of Grey - E L James
  • Abdication - Juliet Nicholson
  • 50 Shades Darker - E L James
  • 50 Shades Freed - E L James
  • Double Cross - Ben MacIntyre
  • Dead Men - Richard Pierce
  • I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
  • Chocky - John Wyndham
  • Mani - Patrick Leigh Fermor
  • The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry - Rachel Joyce
  • All These Things I've Done - Gabrielle Zevin
  • Whatever it Takes - Adele Parks
  • London Belongs to Me - Norman Collins
  • What Katy Did - Susan Coolidge
  • What Katy Did Next - Susan Coolidge
  • The Cat's Table - Michael Ondaatje


There were some real surprises among these books - some I'd been saving for months and was disappointed by, some I didn't expect to enjoy but couldn't put down and others that I loathed but at the same time was compelled to finish...

The main thing that was different this year was that I didn't actually read a physical book in the time we were away - all 21were ebooks. In the past I've always read a mixture but this time I had a paperback in my back for those minutes on the plane where they don't let you read from a electronic device but as I had a window seat I found I was looking out of that rather than reading.

I have thoughts buzzing round my head about some of these books and will endeavour to share them soon but in the meantime one more photo to make you jealous!


No comments:

Post a Comment