Wednesday 12 July 2023

Kentish Book Boy returns - part five

 

The Rescue of Ravenwood by Natasha Farrant (Faber and Faber)

Synopsis

To Bea and Raffy, Ravenwood is home. To Noa, it is a welcome refuge. In its own way, the house rescued them, even with a fallen tree taking up most of the kitchen. But now they're about to lose it and there is nothing they can do...or is there?

We all have choices.

Bea can stow away across Europe on a train.

Raffy can keep climbing the tree.

And Noa can find out who started the fire.


My views on the book

I find it a very powerful and symbolic novel. To me, there is a deep family connection.

Recommendation

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a good, meaningful book.


Once more KBB manages to pique my curiosity with his book choice/review and I'm hoping I can sneak this one of his book case next time I visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment