Monday 29 December 2014

Top Ten Theatre of 2014

That Time of the Year Again


In a year where I have seen 36 pieces of theatre live and 4 broadcast as live plays narrowing down to just five was impossible and even now I think that my frequent companion, Rebecca, will disagree with my rankings at the very least.

I have had several outings to the theatre with my nephew and while all of the productions we saw together were magical this year they haven't made the top 10 but rest assured theatre aimed at the under 10s is excellent and I had a lot of fun watching them and sharing my love of live theatre with him.

So with no further ado my top 10 are:


  1. Lord of the Flies
  2. Red Velvet
  3. 'Tis Pity She's a Whore
  4. To Kill a Mockingbird
  5. My Night With Reg
  6. The Scottsboro Boys
  7. Oh! What a Lovely War
  8. Another Country
  9. A Bunch of Amateurs
  10. Pitcairn
A real mixture of genres here and it was very hard to narrow it down to just 10, so many plays nearly made the grade.  I shan't list my least favourite plays - I think the reviews speak for themselves!

As I already have my first trip of 2015 planned for January 3rd I think it is fair to say that 2015 will also be theatre filled!

No comments:

Post a Comment